Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day

Dear readers, I implore you to spend a little bit of time, probably 15 minutes or so, and read this.
The article is incredibly revealing, and I believe that unless you hate good and love evil, you will not sing this song again.
Isn't it horrific? I knew that it was a bad song to sing, but all I really knew about it was that it was written as a Northern taunt, and not in the slightest bit Christian, regardless of appearance.
Someone I know thinks that you can still sing it and enjoy the melody, or just change the words and it will be ok. No it won't! No matter what you do, you'll always remember the words that have gone with that song for over 100 years, and you may even find yourself singing them quietly. It's best to ignore it completely. What bad could come from avoiding that melody? It's certainly not nicer than other melodies that have good lyrics, and you'd be far better off just singing other songs. So I ask you. Don't you think it would be easier to avoid singing it? In just the same way that someone who has a history of alcohol abuse should avoid drinking alcohol, I think that ignoring this song, melody AND lyrics, to avoid sinning is a good idea.

And so, this Remembrance Day draws to a close.
We were open today from 12 to 7, of which I worked, from 12 to 7.
We were crazy busy for the first 4 hours, and then we were just normal busy for around an hour, and then it varied until closing time.
And then I went home and ate food and drank a bottle of Rickard's Dark.
And now it is now.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment