Monday, November 2, 2009

Virus alert

and so it goes. I start my blog. After much procrastination.

It's fall. Beautiful, but cold. I like warm weather, even hot. My friend Charity once commented to her father about how she didn't appreciate the cold. As I recall, she said that her conversation with her father ended up with the conclusion that cold is a direct result of the fall(Genesis 3), and even though we're called to be content(Philippians 4:11) I don't think that that means we have to love the cold. My interpretation of it is that we have to accept it as the natural consequences of our sin, and always look to the day when there will be no more cold.

I'm listening to U2 - Boy as I type. I like U2. I have all of their albums, which I'm fairly proud of. I love the fact that they're Irish. I'm never very impressed when I hear that a band is from America. I mean, what does that even mean..? Practically everyone in North America are descended from people of other nations like England, Germany, Holland, France, Ireland, Scotland and pretty much every other nation there is.
Even though they're very theologically un-sound, I like the fact that they're Catholic, however wrong, Catholics are probably the most outspoken conservative group there is. Even with their many evils, I appreciate their contribution to the pro-life, pro-family and anti-homosexuality movements.
And, of course, I greatly appreciate their music.

I work at this little coffee shop called Starbucks, perhaps you may have heard of it? Mine is located in Chapters, off of Paul Street in Dieppe.
I have the day off. Well, not really, I have to go in to work tonight at 8 for a Christmas meeting. I'm fairly certain that this will be a pep talk about how we'll need to work harder and sell lots of merchandise(mugs and things) so as to make it through this shallow, commercialized version of Christmas.
What was Christmas once? It is now a holiday about self.
It sickens me sometimes, how people live for possessions. I love to have nice things, but I don't live for them, and I believe that's how it should be. God gave us our senses that we might enjoy everything good, and he gives us many good gifts and possessions, obviously for our enjoyment. The key is not to enjoy them more than we enjoy him. To glorify and worship him for all he has given us.


Last night, frustrated with Skype, I decided to download ooVoo. Well, none-too-wisely, I downloaded it from rapidshare. You may know what happened next.. I recieved a system error message with a warning that the computer would automatically shut down in 1 minute. Yes, this gets worse. I restarted my computer, only to find that a virus had just locked everything past my logon screen. I could put in my password, but my familiar Windows 7 graphical interface would not open, even more, my task manager had also been disabled. And so, currently, I am blogging from an Ubuntu live disk, thankfully virus-immune. Now, I'm attempting to download a Windows virus scanner for Linux. It is proving to be difficult, because of my silly Rogers internet service.

This morning I called Rogers to make a complaint about how, for 3 consecutive months, they had not sent me a 75% bandwidth used notification. This means that I would, without warning, receive a 100% notification, and then inevitably, go over my 60gb a month limit. I spoke to a Very nice man named Scott. He was very helpful and typed a case to give to a higher authority than him, and then gave me my case number. Out of curiousity, I asked him where he was. He told me that he's in Moncton too! Cool, huh.

Recently, I've been watching an anime series called Fate/Stay Night.
The synopsis (Anime-Planet.com): "The Holy Grail War is a battle between seven magicians who each summon a mythical hero to fight for their cause. Shirou, a twice orphaned high school boy, had so little magical talent that his foster father did not bother teaching him about the war and its meaning. Thanks to that lack of foresight, Shirou finds himself in a bit of a pinch when he accidentally summons a hero of the strongest class, and is sucked into the fray. The Grail grants the winner any wish they have. But driven by an unyielding sense of justice and self-sacrifice, for what will Shirou fight?"
I'm quite enjoying it.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jasper,
    I was wondering what happened to your computer! No more ooVoo for you! Haha.
    I love you mucho.
    Your,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete